PROmite SOIL PROTECTION
After we have thoroughly cleaned your carpets or upholstery we can treat them with a special anti-allergy and stain protector. This will work in three ways to keep your home looking great and staying healthy!
What is it? PROmite™ - works by covering each and every fibre with an invisible shield that prevents Dust Mites from living on/in the items protected (received approval by leading allergy foundation). This will help reduce the affects of asthma in the home.
Secondly, PROmite™ is a stain protector and stops all those little spills from becoming stains. Also stops general dirt from sticking to the fibres, thereby making easier to keep clean by vacuuming.
Thirdly, as PROmite™ covers the fibres in a special invisible shield it dramatically retards the wear rate keeping your furnishings beautiful for longer.
Here's some more benefits of PROmite™...
Prolongs your furnishings life
Not harmful, safe for pets & children
Repels dirt instead of attracting it
Preserves factory applied finishes
Prevents allergy causing pollens from sticking
Prevents the growth of spores and mildew
Prevents the House Dust Mite from living on items
Helps keep pollutants out of your home
Helps prevent permanent staining
Helps you to keep your carpet cleaner for longer
Makes vacuuming easier
Keeps your family healthy
8 Basic Facts About The House Dust Mite
1. House Dust Mite faeces have been a known allergy for over 30 years.
2. Each mite produces around 20 droppings a day.
3. Each dropping contains between 10-12 faeces pellets (2-10 micron in size)
4. Medically proven that the House Dust Mite faeces pellet is the main cause, and not merely a trigger of Asthma.
5. By eliminating the Mite from living in/on domestic soft furniture, especially the bedroom, it should be possible to reduce, if not eradicate Asthma in the UK.
6. In the UK over four million people suffer with respiratory related allergies (1 in 10 children), predominantly from effects from the House Dust Mite.
7. Over 2,500 people die each year from Asthma.
8. The UK Health Authority spends over £750,000,000 a year on prescription drugs, just to reduce the symptoms of Asthma - not to stop or prevent Asthma.
It's the change in our microenvironments over the past couple of decades that have caused more health concerns than any other time in the past 150 years!
We spend on average a third of our life in our bedroom - just think about all the time you spend breathing in the same contaminated, stale air.
The House Dust Mite is the cause of the biggest source of respiratory allergies for young and old alike, but why is it only now that this problem is brought to our attention - not before?
This is due mainly to the 1970's energy crisis. Ever since then buildings, both at home and at the office have continued to be designed to save energy. Most buildings today have central heating systems and double glazed windows to seal in the warmth, some even with central air conditioners.
The three main things we need to do:
1. Ventilate all bedrooms - especially children's bedrooms to reduce humidity and prevent Mites from breeding.
2. Mechanical Removal - eradication of dead skin and mite faeces by vacuum cleaning with HEPA filtration machines.
3. Periodic Professional Cleaning - to dispose of all the unwanted pollutants that are held in your soft furnishings.
Your home furnishings, such as carpets and upholstery fabrics, are a major benefit to you as they act like filters and help reduce the amount of particles in the air, however if they are not professionally cleaned on a regular basis (6-12 months) they may become a source of allergies.